Food Safety Starts with Us
FLAVOR 1st Growers & Packers want to make sure you are protected. Food safety and security is our priority. All staff, from the farm to the packinghouse, are trained in the HACCP principles and procedures. USDA/FDA policies and procedures are the outline of our program. We continually train to exceed our customers' exceptions of food quality, safety, and security.
All of our facilities undergo an annual HACCP audit. Furthermore, we request audits from Primus and the USDA at each of the packing facilities and our farming operations. We encourage our direct customers to request an audit of their own. We are pleased to announce that our facilities continue to meet or exceed all audits.
Our Quality Assurance team is on site at every facility to ensure that the quality of the product is consistent. Furthermore, the packing equipment enables us to wash, color sort, and uniformly size the product
Read archived article in Blueridgenow.com Food safety and good agricultural practices.
- Nov. 12, 2007
- Specially designed chemical mixing stations on our farms to avoid runoff, contamination and load efficiency.
- High-tech antimicrobial sanitizer and disinfectant used in washing our produce, packing equipment and facilities, which do not produce trihalomenthanes (THMs)
- Utilize the CHEP pallet program
- Recycle all cardboard packing materials
- Office recycling includes all paper, ink cartridges, plastic and glass products
- Dumped product is donated to livestock facilities for feed
- All facilities use a metered water system to monitor their use
- All electric forklifts
- Study underway to consider solar power conversion for cooling systems
828-890-3630 • Fax: 828-890-0962
FLAVOR 1st Growers and Packers
331 Banner Farm Road
Mills River, North Carolina 28759
Email FLAVOR 1st